[SOLVED] Synaptics WBDI - SGX has stopped working on my Yoga 520

jason1297

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
I used ‘Driver Booster 6’ on my Lenovo Yoga 520-14IKB to update several drivers, and since that my fingerprint reader won’t work. In my settings it says Windows Hello is not available, and when I run troubleshooter it shows ‘Synaptics WBDI – SGX has a driver problem’.

So far I have tried:
- Telling troubleshooter to fix the problem and restarting
- Uninstalling the driver from Device Manager, and reinstalling using the latest version from the
Lenovo website
- Performing a Windows update to see if this updated the driver or improved compatibility

I recently realised that in Device Manager under Properties, there is an option to ‘Roll Back Driver’. This is greyed out for me, likely because I completely uninstalled the driver before adding the new Lenovo one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really running out of options here, and really don’t want to be doing a full Windows install during the exam season :(

Solution
Windows Update recently installed an Intel SGX microcode update to my PC, so there was some kind of issue with it. Not sure whether your laptop needs it or was broken by it, but you might want to check Windows Update history for it. Exact wording of the Intel update was "Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 11/25/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.2.100.47975"
Windows Update recently installed an Intel SGX microcode update to my PC, so there was some kind of issue with it. Not sure whether your laptop needs it or was broken by it, but you might want to check Windows Update history for it. Exact wording of the Intel update was "Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 11/25/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.2.100.47975"

Solution

TRENDING THREADS