Synchronizing Two Audio Devices?

impishkitten

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
My monitor is connected to my graphics card via HDMI cable (NVIDIA Audio Driver), so sound plays through it by default, however, when I plug my headset in to the front panel (or on board back panel) connectors (Realtek HD Audio Driver), sound continues to play through the monitor. Likewise, if I were to unplug my headset I get no sound, since I presume it's still trying to send it to the unplugged headphones.

The only solution I've found is to close the program and reopen it for it to play in the right device, or manually switching it in the program's options if this option is available.

Is there a way to either A: play through both at the same time (and i'll just mute the one I don't want) or B: a way to say if the headset isn't plugged in then the monitor should play through?

This is the first time I've had a system I've not been able to just unplug or plug in as I pleased.

I figure these are the relevant hardware specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Motherboard: ASRock, Z87 Killer

emdea22

Distinguished
forget about synchronizing two sound sources. Short version: it cannot be done and believe me i've tried. About automatic switching between devices i'd say it might be possible but the easiest way is to right click sound button at the task bar -> playback devices then right click device you want to use and set it as default.

impishkitten

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Yeah I've got the Realtek Audio Manager Installed, already had some fun figuring out how to get the microphone to work, but it doesn't manage the monitor's speakers which are connected to the NVIDIA driver in the graphics card.