[SOLVED] Syncing RGB for aio and fans to one rgb header

May 9, 2020
So in my MSI Z390A PRO mobo, I have only one rgb header and I want to sync rgb across all fans and aio pump block via dragon center software or some other software for that matter. Is it possible without using a hub, using splitters? If so how do I make the connections?

Solution
Far better off with a simple 5way rgb hub. Otherwise the easiest way is to just use 2-way splitters to daisy-chain the fans together. Splitter leg 1 to fan, leg 2 to splitter 2, splitter 2 leg 1 to fan, splitter 2 leg 2 to splitter 3......... 5 splitters

Afaik the RGB header is a standard 5050 12v jrgb header so 5 fans is max usually or run the risk of burning it out.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Far better off with a simple 5way rgb hub. Otherwise the easiest way is to just use 2-way splitters to daisy-chain the fans together. Splitter leg 1 to fan, leg 2 to splitter 2, splitter 2 leg 1 to fan, splitter 2 leg 2 to splitter 3......... 5 splitters

Afaik the RGB header is a standard 5050 12v jrgb header so 5 fans is max usually or run the risk of burning it out.

Solution