Syncing software with delayed functionality?

old_rager

Honorable
Jan 8, 2018
I have just upgraded my storage from 8 x 3TB Western Digital NAS HDDs to 2 x 12TB Seagate Iron Wolf Pros. Now that I have 8 spare HDDs, I'd like to get an enclosure (any recommendations?) that can house the 8 drives and present them as a single drive to my PC (I.E., Raid 0 which mimics the new 2 x 12TB HDDs in a Raid 0 configuration). I'd like to also think I will find an enclosure which can connect via USB Type-C (20Gbps throughput).

Once I have all this (now the real reason for this post), I'd like to have it permanently connected to my PC and be synced with my 2 x 12TB drives. Any changes made to my PC's internal 'Storage Array' are then synced via a one way sync to the external 'Backup Array'. The only hitch with my requirements is that I'd like the sync to be continuous (I.E., not done as batch job or task) but also delayed by 1 hour. The delay is in case I make a mistake, then I can immediately pull the file back from the externally connected 'Backup Array'.

Does anyone know of any software that will meet all of my requirements? While I'm at it, does anyone know of an enclosure that can take 8 drives, able to do Raid 0 and have USB Type-C connectivity. If I can't get a USB Type-C, then I guess I will have to go with ethernet. If I go with ethernet, then the syncing software will need to be able to work over the LAN.

Solution
Sounds like File History / Shadow copy (Microsoft) is what you would use to "sync" your files.

Here's a link to a Microsoft document that explains a bit more (written for windows 8 but works from XP forward)

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/b8/2012/07/10/protecting-user-files-with-file-history/

t53186

Distinguished
Sounds like File History / Shadow copy (Microsoft) is what you would use to "sync" your files.

Here's a link to a Microsoft document that explains a bit more (written for windows 8 but works from XP forward)

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/b8/2012/07/10/protecting-user-files-with-file-history/

Solution