syncrhonize contents of folders on two different volumes

Does anyone know how I could achieve the following? I am currently using a
1GB USB flash-memory stick as the main storage for my work in progress. I
use it to shuttle between my laptop at home and my laptop at work. Both run
Windows XP Pro.

What would be very useful is a synchronisation facility which would ensure
that both laptops and the memory stick contain the exact same contents.

I can't seem to find a facility in XP to do this but if there is can someone
point me in the direction of it. If I require a 3rd party product can
someone recommend one?

Regards

Smokey

--
I'm a half-wit, I sold the other half on e-Bay

Louis B wrote:
> Does anyone know how I could achieve the following? I am currently
> using a 1GB USB flash-memory stick as the main storage for my work in
> progress. I use it to shuttle between my laptop at home and my laptop
> at work. Both run Windows XP Pro.
>
> What would be very useful is a synchronisation facility which would
> ensure that both laptops and the memory stick contain the exact same
> contents.
>
> I can't seem to find a facility in XP to do this but if there is can
> someone point me in the direction of it. If I require a 3rd party
> product can someone recommend one?
>
> Regards
>
> Smokey

Have you looked at the Briefcase utility in Windows? Open Help and Support,
type Briefcase for the Search word. In the results list, click on Briefcase
overview.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

I use a nice freeware application called SyncBack, which should do what you
want. I synchronize my two hard drives, my notebook and my DVD drive and it
handles that chore quickly and easily. They have a "Pro" version and a free
version. The free version does verything you'll need and it's rock solid. By
the way; I'm just a user, not associated with them otherwise.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/

Download it, try it, you'll like it, Dan