[SOLVED] Synology NAS very slow and not discoverable on 5Gig wifi after power outtage

fall3n

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
My NAS used to work great but then the other night the power went out and now the NAS is not discoverable on 5Gig wifi, and when I switch it is discoverable but goes ridiculously slow. How do I reverse whatever problem happened?

Solution
oh sorry that I was a bit unclear but I am very interested in your UPS suggestion, can you recommend a good one?
I use only APC brand UPS (I have 4). You want a unit that has a USB port that you can connect to your NAS. Synology has software that will monitor the UPS and shutdown the NAS before the battery is exhausted. For your NAS, and typically your network hardware, you don't need a very big unit. 650W is probably enough to ride through a 10 or 15min outage.

kanewolf

Titan
My NAS used to work great but then the other night the power went out and now the NAS is not discoverable on 5Gig wifi, and when I switch it is discoverable but goes ridiculously slow. How do I reverse whatever problem happened?
How is your NAS connected? Synology doesn't have WIFI by default. Are you using a USB WIFI adapter?
You really should have a UPS for your NAS to protect your data.

kanewolf

Titan
oh sorry that I was a bit unclear but I am very interested in your UPS suggestion, can you recommend a good one?
I use only APC brand UPS (I have 4). You want a unit that has a USB port that you can connect to your NAS. Synology has software that will monitor the UPS and shutdown the NAS before the battery is exhausted. For your NAS, and typically your network hardware, you don't need a very big unit. 650W is probably enough to ride through a 10 or 15min outage.

Solution