Question synology

sonofjesse

Distinguished
One post............ and no information.

Are you asking why it won't start?

Your going have to provide a lot more details?

Is it new?
Or has it been working for years and won't boot?
how do you know its not booting?
Power lights?
Full system specs of the nas and how you have it setup?
Setup of your network?
PC specs?

Were all here to learn and to help, but often times the effort you put into a post, is the amount of effort others are going to respond with.

Jun 27, 2021
In case you didn't notice, I embedded my responses to all of your questions within your message. Thanks for your response. Any help/ideas is appreciated.

Darryl

One post............ and no information.

Are you asking why it won't start? I have owned this Synology NAS since 2018. It just recently stopped working and it won't restart when I push the on button.

Is it new? New in 2018
Or has it been working for years and won't boot? Yes, just recently stopped running and won't restart.
how do you know its not booting? The normal blue light on the ON button does not come on. The fan doesn't start. No status lights on the drive bay indicators. I tested the brick PS and it is putting out 12+ V DC.
Full system specs of the nas and how you have it setup? Synology DS416slim with 4 - 3 TB 2.5" SATA drives
Setup of your network? Directly connected to my router's port with a 1Gb connection
PC specs? I use a MacBook Pro (but this NAS is on the network - not connected to my Mac except through the network)

Last edited: