Rockit237

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
intel I7 7700k
asus strix z270E gaming
G skill ripjaws 2x8 2133mhz
EVGA 500b 80+ bronze
and my boot drive is a WD Blue 1tb

I've been unable to get this pc to boot into windows without entering safe mode, otherwise it just turns off as windows boots or just before it. Tried with a single ram stick
attempted using other sata ports, i've reformatted the hardrive and reinstalled windows on it and it will boot to windows on other machines without issue but no luck with this one. I went and created a ubuntu bootable on my flash drive and the system starts with no issues. I have been able to get it to boot into safe mode with the hardrive however that's as far as I've gotten, checked the health of the drive through the bios and there seems to be no issue with it. Cpu temps are also well within spec

any advice or tips on how I can resolve this issue?

Solution
Final update to say I got it working, not quite sure exactly what was the issue. It seemingly was a driver/update related issue with the drive having a brand new install of windows. After being able to boot into safe mode with networking and installing updates I was able to boot it regularly, and after reinstalling those same windows updates it has been functioning properly since.

As for what initially was the issue before I tried reformatting the drive and clean installing windows I haven't a clue. Ultimately i'm just glad it's working now without issue, so i'm not too interested in figuring it out.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

Rockit237

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
check bios for the boot option on the drive if it is primary .

cYK3R4E.jpg

If you can get yourself at least into safe mode while your there in your search down there at your Start Menu Type msconfig choose Diagnostic startup.............hit Apply Restart..........and see if you can get into windows.......good luck

Rockit237

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
Final update to say I got it working, not quite sure exactly what was the issue. It seemingly was a driver/update related issue with the drive having a brand new install of windows. After being able to boot into safe mode with networking and installing updates I was able to boot it regularly, and after reinstalling those same windows updates it has been functioning properly since.

As for what initially was the issue before I tried reformatting the drive and clean installing windows I haven't a clue. Ultimately i'm just glad it's working now without issue, so i'm not too interested in figuring it out.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS