Question Sysprep generalize after motherboard change?

kanewolf

Titan
I have had issues with my pc freezing and posted a tread here. I got one suggestion and it was removing previous settings and drivers using the command Sysprep. He has not replied and I was wondering if Sysprep is necessary after the motherboard change? My motherboard was not bought brand new and someone else has used it beforehand.
A complete OS install is recommended with a motherboard change. Since you say you did that in your previous tread, I don't think sysprep will benefit.

Jul 24, 2022
A complete OS install is recommended with a motherboard change. Since you say you did that in your previous tread, I don't think sysprep will benefit.
So there are no previous settings from the old owner of my new motherboard I need to remove? That doesn't get removed after os install?

Jul 24, 2022
With what you tried to fix things, resetting BIOS, clean Windows setup, you may have a hardware issue. Could be the used motherboard was faulty. Try using different RAM sticks, or swapping RAM slots. Try another video card.
I don't have another video card but can try swapping RAM and trying my old motherboard. But I don't understand how this will help my random freezing. I have tried under-volting my card and it seems like whenever I do that it takes longer for it to freeze; if that would be helpful information.