system and reserved folder 550GB win 10

mohamedrabea87

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
I am facing a big problem in my storage I have a hp laptop 1Tb HDD I found that my storage is shrinking so I tried to recover my system but with keeping my files but the same problem I googled for the problem but I couldn't fix the problem I used wizTree software and found that a folder called $extend is 550Gb
ynlde.png

ytdBO.jpg

I hope someone can help me in it

SuperAdithya

Reputable
May 24, 2014
These are NTFS meta files (See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS#Metafiles) and its not supposed to hog up more than 50% of the space. Something is seriously wrong in your laptop. Even I have an HP 630 Laptop, which has about 500GB out of 1TB left (not due to unusual things but due to programs, games & other stuff), and the $Extend folder occupies only 3% of the total data.
Go to folder options (search in control panel), then select "Show hidden files, folders & drives" and UNtick the option "Hide protected operating system files", then click YES on the dialog box that shows, then press Apply. Then post a screenshot of your C:\ drive.

mohamedrabea87

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016

Dear thank you for your support
here is the screenshot

2zg98us.jpg

also here screenshot for the used space if used select all and properties and if I just took properties of the drive C itself
1zlfx1e.jpg

TRENDING THREADS