Question System blackscreens while gaming and gives EZ debug cpu led.

Jun 9, 2022
My system blackscreens and and turns on the EZ debug led on my motherboard.

When does it happen:
It happens when I am playing a game, but it does not happen in stress tests. And if enable low power mode in energy settings from windows it stops doing it.

Specs:
  • Ryzen 9 5900x (Recently upgraded from 3600)
  • MSI tomahawk B450 Max
  • EVGA 2060 KO
  • Corsair DDR4 Vengance LPX 4 x8GB
  • Seasonic M12II Evo 620W

I don't know how to fix it. I have tried turning XPM off but it still hapens then.
I found online that it could be the PSU but I am not so sure because OCP would just shut the system down.
In my case the system is still on but blackscreens and gives the EZ cpu debug LED.

Does anyone have an idea, because I don't have a new PSU on hand. Maybe test with less sticks of ram. But I don't think that is the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ryzen 9 5900x (Recently upgraded from 3600)
Did you perform a BIOS update prior to dropping the Ryzen 9 5900x onto the socket? Are you able to remain in BIOS indefinitely without experiencing the same issue as stated above?

Seasonic M12II Evo 620W
How old is the PSU in the spec's list?

In order to troubleshoot an issue, you will need to find a donor part to rule out the existing one. In your case, you will need to source(borrow, not buy) a donor PSU from your friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built 650W unit to rule your PSU out as the faulty part.

Reactions: ZombieKiller0003
Jun 9, 2022
Did you perform a BIOS update prior to dropping the Ryzen 9 5900x onto the socket?
I did I installed the newest bios that was available and it still is the newest when I looked today. I have tried turning TPM off because the newest bios enabled that on default. But no results there.

Are you able to remain in BIOS indefinitely without experiencing the same issue as stated above?

I have had no issues in the bios. I can use the system and even render and do video editing. It only happens at specific games, for example it happens in Red dead redemption 2, but also at a game that I programmed for a school project. So it is a rather weird issue which makes it really difficult to troubleshoot.

Seasonic M12II Evo 620W age?
The PSU is an some what older model but I bought it just 2.5 years ago brand new. I have had random shutoff before I upgraded my CPU but that was solved by software updates. I'm still not quite sure but it looked like OCP tripping then. But when they stopped I didn't look in to them any further. But I would probably guess that this is the issue.

In order to troubleshoot an issue, you will need to find a donor part to rule out the existing one. In your case, you will need to source(borrow, not buy) a donor PSU from your friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built 650W unit to rule your PSU out as the faulty part.
I will source PSU to test if it solves this weird issues. Else it might be the motherboard.

But I will let you know if the PSU is the issue when I have sourced one.