[SOLVED] System Blue Screen (New Component) ?

Dale-L-

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2013
Hi guys,

I recently obtained the below card, it's an absolute beast! Although i have a very concerning issue that i just can't sort or find the root cause of. Every now and again my system will crash, with 2 blue screens (no error info), just 2 blue screens and the speakers play a weird signal tone. Nothing responds until i hard reboot the PC. I've ran stress tests and health checks on all components and they are seem fine. The only thing i can think of is either maybe the card is faulty (literally brand new), or the CPU is bottlenecking the card although i don't know how that would cause the system to crash to abruptly. I also used AMD Fresh start and DDU to remove old drivers, tried to update to latest (and beta) drivers. It can run furmark gpu stress test at 4k and sit at stable 40fps, but crash playing Skyrim for 10 minutes in 4k? Temps tend to never go above 70 on full load as the card is very well cooled. CPU is the same. Also i've tried the BIOS switch on the card on both max and eco. Specs are below and any help at all is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

CPU: i5-6500 (Hydro H115i Cooling)
GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64
Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 (2666Mhz)
PSU: Corsair 650W +80 GOLD (Modular)
Case: Corsair Graphite 780T

P.S. This was also posted in "Graphics cards", but i'm not sure if this is the issue thus posting in here also for different feedback

Dale-L-

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2013
  • 850 Watt Power Supply (Recommended).
  • 2 x 8-pin Power Connector.
  • PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
  • Minimum 8GB of system memory. 16GB recommended.
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-rx-vega64-8g-hbm2#Specification
I seen that on their site, although just about every site i've been too states that this is certainty not required. The card only draws about 240w on full load, nowhere near enough to max out the 650 +80w PSU that's currently being used.