[SOLVED] System Blue screens and game crashes after case swap.

Jan 4, 2020
I recently switched cases to help with airflow. Something has gone wrong in the transition and I'm losing my mind over it.
Browser loads fine, I can play youtube videos, browse IG/FB watch twitch streams etc. I boot a game up and it plays for 5 minutes then kicks me to the desktop. No error, no crash report. I've gotten 2 BSODs one kicked me a code 41 and one just gave me an oops... something went wrong.
I read it might be a hard drive/sata cable/port issue so I tried all of those, swapped cables and ports. I tried games off multiple hard drives and they crash regardless. I've unseated and resented my RAM, my GPU, even unplugged and plugged in all my PSU wires, literally everything I can think of.
Everything worked before I swapped cases.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mobo: ASRock b450 pro
CPU: R5 2600x 4.0ghz at 1.35v
RAM: 32gb Ballistix LT sport 3200mhz
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080
SSD: 860evo 512GB
HDD: WD Cav Blue 500gb
Wd Cav Black 1tb
PSU: Corsair 650m
Old Case: CM Masterbox lite
New Case: NZXT h510

check your SATA connector - might be the one connected to the SSD.
it might be losing contact due to expansion also do you have a custom fan profile which may be inconsistent with your new case config?

I recently switched cases to help with airflow. Something has gone wrong in the transition and I'm losing my mind over it.
Browser loads fine, I can play youtube videos, browse IG/FB watch twitch streams etc. I boot a game up and it plays for 5 minutes then kicks me to the desktop. No error, no crash report. I've gotten 2 BSODs one kicked me a code 41 and one just gave me an oops... something went wrong.
I read it might be a hard drive/sata cable/port issue so I tried all of those, swapped cables and ports. I tried games off multiple hard drives and they crash regardless. I've unseated and resented my RAM, my GPU, even unplugged and plugged in all my PSU wires, literally everything I can think of.
Everything worked before I swapped cases.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mobo: ASRock b450 pro
CPU: R5 2600x 4.0ghz at 1.35v
RAM: 32gb Ballistix LT sport 3200mhz
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080
SSD: 860evo 512GB
HDD: WD Cav Blue 500gb
Wd Cav Black 1tb
PSU: Corsair 650m
Old Case: CM Masterbox lite
New Case: NZXT h510

Jan 4, 2020
check your SATA connector - might be the one connected to the SSD.
it might be losing contact due to expansion also do you have a custom fan profile which may be inconsistent with your new case config?

I changed all the cables already and switched ports, also I changed the fan profile since I have 1 less fan now

Jan 4, 2020
So I had a friend to tell me to limit my memory to 16gb and it works now, though half my RAM is useless... still wondering if there is another way. Perhaps disabling xmp? Undervolting the ram? Maybe it wasnt super stable though I'm running it at its stock xmp.