[SOLVED] System Boot Issue After Ram Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2020
SO, I ordered and install new corsair vengence rgb pro 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz sticks in my prebuilt Intel setup.
Had one single 8gb stick of xpg 2666 in it when purchased.
The mobo/chip is an asus prime b360m-a
Intel i5 9400f.

When I turned on the tower after install, everything booted visually normal.

All the fans, and even the rgb on the ram started cycling, but I got no display, monitor just says no input.

Tried swapping cables. Swapping slots, all that. Placed the socks in a2-b2 per mobo manual instructions, tried doing the battery removal reset, all that. I even tried putting my 1x8gb stick of xpg ram back in with the same issue
I've searched and read and tried to find solutions, I'm new to the building/modification part of PC's and I don't wanna screw it up anymore than I have.

What have I done wrong, and how do I fix it!?
Thanks, Josh

Last edited:
May 5, 2020
I'm aware of this, all parts check lists, and forum i had read before hand said it would just downclock basically.
Based on what you said, 2 questions then.

1. If its all set to auto, would the 3600* (didn't mean to put 3400) mhz just automatically run at the 2666?

2. IF it isn't compatible with my setup, then why wouldn't just putting in my original 2666 mhz stick and resetting/rebooting not remedy the issue?

Thanks for the reply. Trying my best to learn as I go with minimal money wasted. Haha.

asus prime b360m-a supports:
DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

3400MHz is not a supported memory speed.

Mrillegal_

Commendable
May 6, 2020
B360 motherboards doenst support more than 2666 rams , go to the bios and change your rams to 2666 .enable xmp profile and post the voltage number here if pc doesnt boots.
I suggest you to upgrade your MB to z390 series to use that rams without any problems.

May 5, 2020
Motherboard upgrade will definitely be next on the list.
I got home after work and managed to get it to finally give me a display to mess with bios. It will only let me run both sticks if they are in the B1 and B2 slots, but not the A1/A2
If I try to run the A1/B1 or A2/B2 it will not boot up at all.
Any chance if I order another 2 sticks to fill all 4 slots it will remedy the issue?

Mrillegal_

Commendable
May 6, 2020
Motherboard upgrade will definitely be next on the list.
I got home after work and managed to get it to finally give me a display to mess with bios. It will only let me run both sticks if they are in the B1 and B2 slots, but not the A1/A2
If I try to run the A1/B1 or A2/B2 it will not boot up at all.
Any chance if I order another 2 sticks to fill all 4 slots it will remedy the issue?
First fix your problem with 2 sticks , update your bios and use A1/B1 slots put your rams in this slots if it doesnt boot in these slots maybe your MB slots are defective .

May 5, 2020
Need a little help with updating the bios. When I check asus site. The version I have is the updated one they have showing, maybe there's something somewhere else?

Mrillegal_

Commendable
May 6, 2020
Updated the bios, got that completed. Computer will only boot with the ram in the B1/B2 slots. No other configuration will let it boot. Only when they are in B1 & B2. So I guess its the board?
Yeah maybe problem is your board slots, if you can, check other rams on that A1/B1 slots to make sure your board slots are ok .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS