Question System starting but getting a black screen

Nov 29, 2022
So i just bought a new motherboard, Msi z690-a pro, and a new cpu, i7-13700k, and new ram but I cant get an image to my screen, I have a 650w psu and a rtx 3070. Everything seems to be pluged in correctly and the computer will start, it just wont appear an image. I’ve re connected all wires a couple of times, checked the cpu socket for bent pins and such but I cant find anything wrong. I’ve tried clearing the bios and resetting the cmos aswell. Do I need to do a bios update? And if so how can I do that with a black screen? Sometimes after I’ve pushed the power button and I want to turn it off, it automaticly restarts itself. There is also a red light on the CPU lightning sensor on the motherboard and a yellow light at the dram sensor.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022
I assume you are testing with the integrated graphics? Were you able to test both the HDMI and the Display Port?
No I also have a rtx 3070 that I’m using, forgot to mention that before, but I have tried the displayport on the motherboard aswell and I still get a black screen

Last edited: