Question System booting with no gpu

Aug 12, 2019
Hi, so I have been tinkering with this build for a couple of days now and Iam totally out of ideas. Specs: CPU: Intel i5-8400 (2.8ghz)(stock intel cooler) Motherboard: MSI B360M Bazooka RAM: XPG 8gb stick GPU: MSI GeForce 1660 Storage: 2tb HDD 128g SSD and a MSI network card. The problem started when the pc was moved around. I set the pc backup and the monitor said it was not receiving any signal. I troubleshooted and I removed the old gpu (a Asus 1060) I rebooted the system and it worked. So I decided that it was either the psu’s gpu power cords or the gpu itself. On the Asus 1060 there is a white led that lights up if it is receiving power from the psu; which they did. So I decided to replace the gpu thinking that was the problem. I put in a brand new out of the box MSI 1660, but the monitor will still not display unless the gpu is taken out. I have gone through multiple forums and still nothing works please help. :( P.S. Sorry if this is not formatted correctly first post really need help

Aug 12, 2019
Hi, so I have been tinkering with this build for a couple of days now and Iam totally out of ideas. Specs: CPU: Intel i5-8400 (2.8ghz)(stock intel cooler) Motherboard: MSI B360M Bazooka RAM: XPG 8gb stick GPU: MSI GeForce 1660 Storage: 2tb HDD 128g SSD and a MSI network card. The problem started when the pc was moved around. I set the pc backup and the monitor said it was not receiving any signal. I troubleshooted and I removed the old gpu (a Asus 1060) I rebooted the system and it worked. So I decided that it was either the psu’s gpu power cords or the gpu itself. On the Asus 1060 there is a white led that lights up if it is receiving power from the psu; which they did. So I decided to replace the gpu thinking that was the problem. I put in a brand new out of the box MSI 1660, but the monitor will still not display unless the gpu is taken out. I have gone through multiple forums and still nothing works please help. :( P.S. Sorry if this is not formatted correctly first post really need help
I know this is a dumb question, but you made sure to plug your display cable into the card itself and not the motherboard right?
yes the hdmi is in the GPU’s slot not the motherboard.