System build question

Killuminati1

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
I just ordered almost my complete build off newegg. Everything except the Titan X graphics card because they're sold out. I ordered the Titan X off nvidia's website and it's going to take them some time to ship. My question is: Can I build the rest of my computer and get it up and running before I receive my graphics card? I ordered the 4790k processor. My concern is if I build and start up the computer without the graphics card that it won't recognize the titan x when I plug it in. Is that reason for concern? Below are my system components, this is my first build. Any tips about my parts would be great too!

Corsair 760t case
i7 4790k processor
Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard
16 GB's G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1866 RAM
EVGA Supernova G2 850w Power supply
1 TB HDD and 250 GB Samsung SSD
Titan X Graphics card
Aftermarket blue Enermax CPU fan
Asus ROG Swift Monitor

Solution
You can use the integrated GPU until your Titan X arrives. There are plenty of people who go from integrated graphics to a dedicated graphics card. The motherboard should automatically detect the GPU. If it doesn't you can set it to use the Titan X in the BIOS.
You can use the integrated GPU until your Titan X arrives. There are plenty of people who go from integrated graphics to a dedicated graphics card. The motherboard should automatically detect the GPU. If it doesn't you can set it to use the Titan X in the BIOS.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS