System Builder Marathon, Q1 2013: $600 Gaming PC

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Mayer

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013

I'm actually a Patrician, because 1080p is for casuals.

Sorry, Paul and Tom, I know this is kinda old and late at this point. I, and a few others, proposed an idea in one of the other Q1 SBM threads to do a $600/$900/$1200 range for an SBM. I think the extra $100 per tier would be just enough to really separate them without being too much different. What do you think?

pauldh

Illustrious

We're ditching it moving forward. But currently it's still the third most popular resolution in the Steam Hardware Survey. Only loses to 1920x1080 (desktop) and 1366x768 (laptop). It also accounts for more than all resolutions above 1920x1080 combined.

One thing I like about testing it is... when CPU-limited it often provides higher frame rates than wider ratios.

Apr 3, 2013
do any of you guys use the sleep mode on win 7? I have problems OC'ing my GPU and using the "balance" power option. after waking up, then when i play dota 2 or CS:Source , sometimes it goes BSOD and i realized the gpu VDDC drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.