System Builder Marathon Q3 2014: Budget Gaming PC

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh no doubt, the Pentium is a great CPU for an office automation PC. Mini-ITX board, 4GB of memory and a 7200RPM HDD inside a small case. Load Windows 7 home or some Varient of Linux and OpenOffice and now you got a perfect homework / internet PC that can handle casual gaming. Its people trying to twink it and put a big dGPU, then stripping everything down and running a single player timed benchmark with fraps and nothing else, then claiming "it's good!!!". If an average home user was to try that, it would choke after a month or so when they've loaded it with the apps they actually use. I run a pretty clean setup and I can still see CPU utilization across multiple cores whenever I'm browsing in Waterfox. That's without all that "helper" software that likes to run at startup and sits in your system tray.

meateater

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
I was going to build a computer myself with this exact same GPU and the specifications say it requires 500W Power Supply needed. In this build you are using a less than 500W power supply.

I'm a bit confused as I am a new builder. Help would be appreciated before I finalize my list.

Generally, video card manufacturers shoot very high on the power supplies, because people will buy crap chinese power supplies and there will be problems.

I personally used a G3258 and an R9 270 in my build with a 450W power supply. You just need to make sure that the power supply is from a quality brand and that it has enough ampage on the rails.

neoflashx

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Will the Antec VP 450P provide sufficient power? on "Radeon R9 270's" specs say 500W power supply required..

Updated: Nevermind... just find my answer through another comment..

Status
Not open for further replies.