Question System built but no display

wuffll

Reputable
Aug 10, 2016
Hello everyone!

Today I was building a PC for my mate and came across this issue:
Everything would start spinning and working but nothing showed on the display. After connecting a speaker I get 1 long beep and 3 short ones which means that its some sort of gpu error.

Motherboard is Gigabyte B450 Gaming X, GPU is an Asus RX 580 Dual and the processor is Ryzen 5 3600.

I tried the onboard graphics and video card and the speaker responds the same. I also flashed the BIOS for the 3rd gen.

Any help would be appreciated!

Wolfshadw

Titan
The motherboard/cpu do not have integrated graphics. The motherboard outputs are not going to work. What power supply do you have (make and model #) and does it have the necessary power connectors for the graphics card?

-Wolf sends

wuffll

Reputable
Aug 10, 2016
The GPU has one 8pin connected to it and has no additional places where I can put the other 8pin connector. The letters on the connectors are white.

Nemesia

Commendable
Nov 6, 2019
The GPU has one 8pin connected to it and has no additional places where I can put the other 8pin connector. The letters on the connectors are white.
if it only has one connection of course you can't plug the other one.

I'm talking about the "VS" on your PSU. Not the cables. Is the "VS" yellow or black on white font?

Nemesia

Commendable
Nov 6, 2019
Apparently the pins on the CPU were bent. After correcting the pins everything went smoothly. Thank you all for helping out!
Glad you fixed your problem! It's not fun to fix bent pins and you never know when one could break when you move it too much. I hope your friend have a lot of fun with this system! :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS