[SOLVED] System cant recognise a fully working disc no matter what

themourqsreks

Proper
Jan 5, 2019
I recently bought a prebuild pc, witha b450 aorus MB, a 500GB Samsung SSD and a digital western blue 1TB hard drive on it. The system wont recognise the disc. I have tried opening tha case, changing the cable ports, and nothing wont pop up on disc management. Any ideas :/ ?

Solution
Im not a pc expert, but its like the disc is only visible via the BIOS menu. The DWB one is the one Im referring to.

You have the name backwards, it's Western Digital or WD. If it won't show up in disk manager, I would contact the place you bought the system from and ask them for support. No sense you messing with a new system, especially since you already checked over the connections. It should be in Disk Manager at least even if it does not show up a drive letter.

Lutfij

Titan
First and foremost, please list your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If it's a prebuilt system, then a link to the prebuilt system would aid us. To add, which disc are you referring to? I.e which drive are you not seeing in Disk Manager in your OS?

Moved thread from memory to Prebuilt & Enterprise.

themourqsreks

Proper
Jan 5, 2019
First and foremost, please list your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If it's a prebuilt system, then a link to the prebuilt system would aid us. To add, which disc are you referring to? I.e which drive are you not seeing in Disk Manager in your OS?

Moved thread from memory to Prebuilt & Enterprise.
Im not a pc expert, but its like the disc is only visible via the BIOS menu. The DWB one is the one Im referring to.

Last edited:

You have the name backwards, it's Western Digital or WD. If it won't show up in disk manager, I would contact the place you bought the system from and ask them for support. No sense you messing with a new system, especially since you already checked over the connections. It should be in Disk Manager at least even if it does not show up a drive letter.

Reactions: themourqsreks
Solution