Question System can't start up after a shutdown or from sleep

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
It's been a while since I've been on this forum, so without further adieu.

System Specs
CPU: Ryzen 2700x
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi
GPU: R9 390 Ntro (from previous build)
RAM: 32 GB G Skill RipJaws V (rated 3600 but running at 3200 right now)
PSU: Seasonic Focus Platinum 750W
SSD: 2TB NVME Inland Premium

So here's the situation.If the PC is on and booted in to Windows everything works as expected. I can game, edit videos, etc without problem. Restarting also works fine.

If I shutdown, force power off, or put the PC to sleep then it won't start back up. Fans spin like normal except for the GPU fans which ramp up to 100%. Also something that is weird is that when I shutdown, the mobo light all turn off, but if I force power off then the mobo lights stay on.

The only way to remedy this is to turn off the PSU and turn it back on then everything starts up fine again. The mobo lights also turn off when this happens.

No other problems to note other than the occasional blackscreen for no good reason and a one off where all some or all of my monitors lose their signal. Both of these are extremely rare. In fact I've probably only seen these once or twice.

Things I've tried already

Reseat RAM and GPU
Try single stick of ram in all 4 slots. I did this for both sticks.
Update Bios
Update/Reinstall graphics driver (always clean and using DDU)

So before I start testing the GPU and PSU (i,e go find the spare parts I have somewhere in the cloest), I wanted to see if anyone has run into a problem like this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS