System compatibility Building a new PC

Dec 5, 2018
So Me and a friend are Building our new Gaming PC's thing is we don't really know much about it other than good parts we need to know if things are compatible So if i were to show a build maybe someone could tell me if were doing wrong Price is what we set as a budget.
So to begin with
CPU Intel: - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU AIR COOLER:CRYORIG - H5 Ultimate 76 CFM CPU Cooler
Now to be honest I would go liquid cooling if i wasnt so afriad of liquid getting on my PRECIOUS so.... i decided air is gonna have todo!
MOBO: ASRock - Z390 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
RAM:Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Now we had some AMD ram that was in website called pcpartpicker and it didnt say any compatibility issue's but i don't trust it was some G.skill 3600 memory now im not sure how that works either with compatibility
STORAGE: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
SECOND STORAGE:Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
VIDEO CARD:Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card
CASE:Thermaltake - View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case
PSU:EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

PLEASE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ISSUE I WILL BE SUPER HAPPY
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/bgpmvn

Solution
It is good to know compatibility to look for so instead of telling you here is what you need to look for

To begin with, you plug 3 components (Not including PSU) into the motherboard so that's where we'll start:

1. The motherboard CPU socket must match the socket for the CPU you are installing.
2. It must support the frequency of your RAM as well as the type (DDR3, DDR4) and size (supposedly DIMM).
3. It must have the correct PCI socket but for most graphics cards it is PCIx16 and that is pretty much guaranteed to be on your MOBO. Also, it must support the actual GPU so if you have an SLI card you need an SLI compatible MOBO and same thing with crossfire so in your case you need SLI.

Now for PSU:
It is simply that it must have enough...

canubetrusted

Prominent
Sep 20, 2018
It is good to know compatibility to look for so instead of telling you here is what you need to look for

To begin with, you plug 3 components (Not including PSU) into the motherboard so that's where we'll start:

1. The motherboard CPU socket must match the socket for the CPU you are installing.
2. It must support the frequency of your RAM as well as the type (DDR3, DDR4) and size (supposedly DIMM).
3. It must have the correct PCI socket but for most graphics cards it is PCIx16 and that is pretty much guaranteed to be on your MOBO. Also, it must support the actual GPU so if you have an SLI card you need an SLI compatible MOBO and same thing with crossfire so in your case you need SLI.

Now for PSU:
It is simply that it must have enough wattage for all your parts.

Case:
The case must support your MOBO form factor

RAM:
Now I don't know about the RAM compatibility that you mention so sorry about that.

Drives:
Obviously, you need enough drive bays but that shouldn't be a problem and there are plenty of ways around it.

I am fairly sure I have covered everything so I hope this helps.

Happy Building :)

Solution