System CPU usage at 70%

Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
I'm experiencing very high CPU usage by just running windows 10 without any programs open. Task manager says system is using 70% of the CPU which is constantly above the 70%. I've ran some benchmarks and I'm very disappointed with the scores because it says that my Ryzen 5 1600X is worse then all ryzen processors and most of the intel 1st generation mobile i5 CPUs. Games also don't run as expected, like ravenfield which is a very low demanding game runs at 15 fps which is really a shame because I spent around $880 on my PC. I want to run games like GTA5 on high settings. Now the GPU is an RX560 4GB from ASUS and I'm afraid that the problem isn't in the GPU because it should be able to run Minecraft at more than 20 fps, right? I thought it is maybe because my PC is infected. I don't have a legit copy of Windows 10 and I tried a lot of different activators and almost all of them were a virus detected by AVG or Windows. I also download a lot of crap often from malicious websites so should I make a fresh install of Windows 10 again, or can I just solve the issue in another way?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
First, what do you mean you don't have a legit copy of Win 10? Do you mean it simply isn't activated, or something else? W10 is a free download from Microsoft. If you don't activate it, it is still legal to use it. You just lose some functionality.

Check Task Manager again and see what app is at 70%.
Have you run Malwarebytes? Virus pgms aren't very good at finding malware. And it sounds like you might have some. There's obviously something hogging clock cycles that shouldn't be.

Arturovski

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
I have activated windows 10 without buying it. But the problem has been solved. I have installed windows 10 again and not everything is as it should be. Thanks for your help eitherway.