[SOLVED] System crash/hang after games/apps.

Tomo4235

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello peeps, hope all is well.

2 days ago i started to encounter a issue,
After playing any game or even watching something (youtube etc) that goes into full screen, i at some point quit/exit the game and it is causing my system to crash/freeze.
so it will take me back to the desktop after exiting what ever i am doing but from then i cannot do anything. my mouse cursor still moves but anything i click on does not responde. also when i hover my cursor over icons etc it highlights the item below as if it is no longer ligned up with the point of the arrow.
i cannot open task manager and i cannot shut down or restart the system. the only option i have is to hold down the power button and start again.
thanks in advance for any replies

Tomo4235

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016

Tomo4235

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello

Can you please try Defragmenting Your C: Drive, updating your graphics driver, updating your BIOS (if an update is available), and check for Windows updates?

Also, please Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command and if it fails to resolve the issue, please Increase the Virtual Memory of your computer and see if it helps.

Good Luck!!
sooooo after a few days it seems to be sorted, not sure which 1 of the things you told me to do actually worked as i did them all. thanks for the help