System crash if I preform any mant. task while DL/UL

Baralis

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
I recently built a new pc and it has run smoothly with the exception on this one issue. I am not sure the cause and I hoped someone could point me in the right direction. My pc will crash if I am downloading or uploading a file while simultaneously running maintenance programs such as anti virus scan, defrag, Malwarebytes, ect. I am wondering if the maint. program gets to the file being ul/dl and cannot access it so it causes a conflict? Its seems to be a windows crash and not a hardware issue since I do not receive a BSOD but rather it suddely reboots and tells me windows encountered a unexpected problem. My XP system does not have this issue. I can throw every maint. program at it while DL/UL and it never causes a problem. While not a critical issue it is a very annoying issue.

System:
Asus M4A87TD/USB 3
4Gigs G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9-2GBRL
AMD Athlon II Rana 445 Unlocked
Samsung Sprintpoint F3 1T
Gigabyte 6850
Antec EA-650 Power supply
Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks for the help!

Solution
Well Norton + utorrent crashing is a known issue. Workaround would be to not use one of them.

doesn't explain the others though, and I'm not really a software guy.

My suggestion is to go into event viewer (just search for event viewer in search box in win 7) and head over to the windows 7 forum and see if anyone there can help.

Baralis

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

Programs that cause crashing so far are:

Adaware
Malwarebytes
Norton internet security 2010
defraggle

And my dl/uling is with utorrent.

banthracis

Distinguished
Well Norton + utorrent crashing is a known issue. Workaround would be to not use one of them.

doesn't explain the others though, and I'm not really a software guy.

My suggestion is to go into event viewer (just search for event viewer in search box in win 7) and head over to the windows 7 forum and see if anyone there can help.

Solution

Baralis

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

Thank you banthracis. I will do that.