[SOLVED] System Crash While Gaming.

wardeneternal

Prominent
Dec 1, 2018
While I'm gaming, Suddenly the screen freezes, but i can hear the audio continues.
Then whole PC restarts. When it reboots it gets stuck again in the Windows loading screen.
It only boot-up if i hard restarted it.

This happens usually after few hours of gaming. Also this started happening about 3 months ago.
Before that there was no problem.
Some times there is a record in the Event Viewer that the
NVIDIA GPU Driver Crashed and recovered but sometimes nothing.

I checked the temperatures at the moment of the crash using GPU-Z but nothing goes beyond 80°C.
There is a small spikes in the GPU clocks right before crashing but nothing else.

I reinstalled windows but it doesn't seems to work.

The whole system is about 2 Yeas old. I still have the warranty for another year.

System Specs
Intel i5 8400 3.0Ghz
8GB RAM
Gigabyte Wind-force GTX1060 3GB GPU
Raid-Max 500W PSU

What could be the problem? Is my GPU dying?

Solution
Today when i tried to play NFS Heat the System crashed and resbooted. but windows didnt booted and kept crashing in the booting. so i boot into the Safe mode and DDU the nvidia drivers.

then only i could boot into windows.

but then when i tried to install the Nvidia drivers, the system crashed and kept crashing on the Boot menu.
so i had to ddu again.

So then I did some testing today. i removed the GPU and enabled the intel graphics. its drivers installed and currently system works fine. then i start testing games. system didnt crashed yet but there is a TRD when i tries to play NFS Heat.

now im seriously thinking my gpu is dying.
That is sounding like a failing GPU. A poor quality or failing PSU can also affect the life of...
What games are you playing? It's worth making sure all system drivers and GPU drivers are up to date.

Some games use more than 8gbs of system ram at 1080p gaming. This has been known to cause crashes. Might be worth getting a 2 x 8gb matched kit in there, which will be good for most AAA gaming right now. 16gb is the sweetspot.

wardeneternal

Prominent
Dec 1, 2018
What games are you playing? It's worth making sure all system drivers and GPU drivers are up to date.

Some games use more than 8gbs of system ram at 1080p gaming. This has been known to cause crashes. Might be worth getting a 2 x 8gb matched kit in there, which will be good for most AAA gaming right now. 16gb is the sweetspot.
thank you for the reply.
Every thing is up-to-date.
this happens in nearly Every game i play. (Cities Skyline, BF4, FC4, KSP)
im playing at 1650 x 1200 Res. memory usage doesnt rice above 7.5-7.6GB.

althou there is one strange thing i noticed in the GPU-Z that there is a GPU Power Limiter marked as Vrel.

wardeneternal

Prominent
Dec 1, 2018
PSU’s deteriorate with time and usage, poor quality psu’s deteriorate faster. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is trying and different psu.
Today when i tried to play NFS Heat the System crashed and resbooted. but windows didnt booted and kept crashing in the booting. so i boot into the Safe mode and DDU the nvidia drivers.

but then when i tried to install the Nvidia drivers, the system crashed and kept crashing on the Boot menu.
so i had to ddu again.

So then I did some testing today. i removed the GPU and enabled the intel graphics. its drivers installed and currently system works fine. then i start testing games. system didnt crashed yet but there is a TRD when i tries to play NFS Heat.

wardeneternal

Prominent
Dec 1, 2018

so i had to ddu again.

so i had to ddu again.

That is sounding like a failing GPU. A poor quality or failing PSU can also affect the life of components.

Reactions: wardeneternal
Solution