Question system crashes after overclocking RAM

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
hey guys there is something weird going on in my bios. the first time i tried oc the ram from 2400 to 2666 with 1.3V everything thing was fine then i attempt to go 2760 with 1.4Vand the pc did boot but it was little bit unstable. and after that when i went back to bios the voltage was locked to 1.3v it wouldnt go higher it wouldnt go lower. what should i do? should i increase the CL along with frequency?

these are my pc specs https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17646119

What exact RAM do you have ? Looks like you are expecting too much from it's OC. If lucky only one or two steps above it's XMP is possible, If it could run reliably at higher speeds manufacturer would mark them at that speed and charger more.
With higher frequency Cas and other latencies must go up to compensate for stability. Same goes with voltage but there are definitely limits built in.

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
Patriot 2400 C15 Series 1x8GB

Not much point in buying low latency memory if you need to increase the CL along with frequency.

Who buys 2400MHz memory to run it at higher frequencies?
well i bought it like 3 or 4 years ago. with diffrent parts. back then my mobo didnt support higher than 2400 so i thought whats the point in buying higher frequency? and the reason why im pushing it now is bcz its bottlenecking the iGPU causing me lower fps in cs go.