Question system crashes on game or while shutting down

novadragon22

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Hey guys i have a little problem now. I have had this build for a while, but for some reason it gives me BSOD while either playing a game or while my system is shutting down. I went from AMD system to Intel.

my specs are :
PSU: CX500 (80+ bronze)
CPU: i5-8400
gpu: gtx 1070 ti 8gb
MB: aorus z370 k3
Memory:16 GB corsair vengeance 3000mhz
water cooler: corsair h100i pro
32gb optane
4 case fans
ssd and hdd

My main question is have i overstreched my PSU causing my system to become unstable under heavy load as using youtube and word etc very rarely causes a BSOD. I know the PSU is not Failing 3V and 12V rails are within tolerance range.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
You would be pushing that PSU near its limits, as the older CX Corsair PSUs weren't the highest quality models. I'd try to boot into safe mode and see if anything happens. Then attempt to reinstall drivers, uninstall any recently installed programs, and then if the issue occurs again try to record what you are doing on your PC when the BSOD appears, and report back here.

Reactions: davew1860

novadragon22

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I have tried that. I completed a reinstall of windows. I went to my motherboard manufacturer's website downloaded all latest drivers.
That had a impact on it. but still causes the issue although less frequently. This still causes it on somethings using higher amounts of ram or graphics load.
The cpu and gpu are relatively new and show no errors when under put to stress tests. I also have the latest bios version for my motherboard this did also help.

My personal thought is my cpu is not getting enough power as the bsod i get at times is for Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. I have switched out the ram thinking that it was this but they are error free to.

Last edited:

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
I have tried that. I completed a reinstall of windows. I went to my motherboard manufacturer's website downloaded all latest drivers.
That had a impact on it. but still causes the issue although less frequently. This still causes it on somethings using higher amounts of ram or graphics load.
The cpu and gpu are relatively new and show no errors when under put to stress tests. I also have the latest bios version for my motherboard this did also help.

My personal thought is my cpu is not getting enough power as the bsod i get at times is for Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. I have switched out the ram thinking that it was this but they are error free to.
I'd point the blame at the PSU, a CX 500 that's a few years old could be starting to fail. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HA3SQ...20&ascsubtag=anandtech-7122963662655428442-20 This EVGA 650 GQ is rated very well and will be more than enough for our build. AnandTech link