Question System crashes when I leave PIP/PBP mode on Odyssey G9 monitor ?

justin.orellana01

Honorable
May 19, 2018
I have been running my comp on PIP/PBP mode since its more convenient for me but when I wanted to immerse myself in a game I turned it off to go into ultrawide, which then my display turns black and I go through a bootloop. I have reset my computer and even reinstalled windows and it still hasn't changed. Only new change I have done is I have added a new GPU (3080 Ti) which this is my first time doing widescreen on it. Ive downloaded all drivers and it still does it.

SPECS
Intel Core i9-10900KF
Corsair CMW32GX4M4C3200C1
Gigabyte z490 aorus xtreme
RTX 3080 TI
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus

emarvets

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
I'm having a similar problem with my G9. It runs fine on a single source, but the G9 firmware freezes in PBP mode. When Win10's power management puts the display to sleep, the G9's screen goes black, but sometimes the backlight stays on. Then you might be able to wake the screen, other times you can't. The G9 is frozen aka blue screened. That's why rebooting doesn't help.

My firmware version is M-T9549GGAA-1011.8.

But I finally found a use for the fancy management options on my 2nd hand UPS. I moved the monitor to its own power group so I can reboot it from my phone :p