System Crashing shortly after startup, New RAM installed.

Rise_Up2

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
First off, let's start off with the system specs.
CPU - Intel i5 4670k
PSU - Ultra U12-40874 LSX 750-Watt
GPU - NVIDIA GTX 760 2GB
MOBO - ASUS Z87-A

If I'm missing something, please let me know!

Anyways. I just bought some Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Profile 16GB Kit (4GBx4) DDR3-1600 UDIMM MEMORY BLT4K4G3D1608ET3LX0 / BLT4C4G3D1608ET3LX0(Why 2 different part numbers are listed, I have no idea. Double checked my RAM to make sure they were all the same). I installed all 4 sticks to find out my Computer will not post. DRAM and CPU LED alternate(Turns out I didn't have them seated all the way >.<). I reset the 4 sticks, startup, get to my desktop, ends up crashing after a couple minutes. I found out that I had to adjust the timing in the BIOS from 9-9-9-24 to 8-8-8-24. Voltages on my old RAM were supposed to be 1.5, new RAM is 1.35 so i didn't adjust the voltage.

Restart and the computer still freezes and crashes will all 4 sticks installed. I remove 2 to see what happens..computer seems stable as I write this. Do I need to perform a memtest or is it just highly possibly I got 2 bad sticks of RAM, or at least 1?

Appreciate the feedback on my issue!

Rise_Up2

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Reset the CMOS, reseated all RAM, and set the voltage to 1.4 and it was a no go. Comp was still freezing/crashing within minutes after getting to the desktop

Just an update. I've individually tested every stick and every one i tried posted, so bad stick is out of the question. I tried 2 sticks, both in slots 1 and 2(single channel) and posted. I tried 1,2,3 and would not post. I tried sticks in both slots 1 and 3(dual) and could not get it to post. All 4 won't post...so I'm at a loss for words on where the issue lies.

Earlier I got my computer to post when having RAM in both slots 1 and 3 for dual channel, but computer froze during an audio session in Pro Tools so I had to resort going back to RAM in Slots 1 and 2.