System detected link failure and can not set requested resolution

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there

I reinstalled Windows 10 on the new SSD in my
Haswell 4770K with
Asus Z87 Deluxe and
AMD Radeon 7870 graphics computer.

I have 2 4K 3840X2160 resolution monitors. It connected via Emerson KVM switch to:

Radeon 7870 graphic card via DisplayPort
Onboard Graphics DisplayPort.

When I boot computer and it logs in to desktop, it says in right lower corner:

"System detected link failure and can not set requested resolution".

My resolution is fine- 3840X2160. I dont know what it talking about, but the message appears every time I restart computer.

I updated AMD Radeon graphics- have latest installed. I did not have this problem before reinstall of Windows.

The KVM Switch is a pain. It always has issues. Theoretically it supposed to act as if there was nothing in between computer and monitor, so we can disregard its presence. But the monitors frequently blink, some time go dark. If I switch to another computer with another settings and come back, it only powers one monitor instead of two, and doing all kinds of weird things. But this is not new. It been doing it before Windows update and I did not have any "System detected link failure" messages. Like right now the DisplayPort is stable, but it can act out any time. I had a lot of issues with another computer connected to this KVM when it was just built but then it got more stable. This computer considered to be just built as it was updated, so DP and KVM not stable. But what is this system link failure? This is new. Thank you.

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there

It still gives me this Error every time I boot. It actually says, "System detected link failure and can not set requested resolution and refresh rate". My refresh rate is set to 30 Hertz. It is low, but this is what it says it can run at- it is Dell 43" monitor- not sure if it is monitor or KVM switch that limited to 30Hertz. But why it gives me Error if everything looks ok? What does it wants? Thank you.