[SOLVED] system detects 2400mhz as 1200mhz? help?

Nov 6, 2019
hold up, first and foremost, i know this problem was posted somewhere but i checked and we have different scenario here or i think. i just built this pc and on taskmanager it says speed is 1200, on cpu z it says ddr4-2400(1200) lemme show you a pic for more details
ePXIluV.png

Qh01PHc.png

UrwVolW.png

it's an ADATA ram stick on a msi b350 pro vdh. also it's a dual channel. it detects both ram and shows the same info as the slot 2 on the pic above and yeah it's in the correct ram slots. so is it still running 2400mhz or it's actually running half the speed? sorry im new to this. my previous build didnt have any of this thing happen. also thanks

Nov 6, 2019
1200x2 is 2400

it’s dual channel. It’s correct
oh so all the readings are correct then, also this is another question i was gonna post as a thread but i guess it's kinda unnecessary, since i have 4 ram slots, can i combine 2x 4gb and 2x 8gb with the same frequency or they have to be either all 8gb or all 4gb sticks?

D

Deleted member 14196

Use matched kit. Buy as a kit. That is the only way they’re guaranteed to work not if bought separately

Nov 6, 2019
guess i'll get a new ram kit then, i mean, 2400mhz is pretty much too low for a ryzen build anyway. thanks a lot for your time and for answering my questions mate . have a great day!