Question System does not boot, no beep, no video.

TrufflesG

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
OnBoard Graphics.
The system lights come on and the CPU fan comes on. But never any video response.
I tried a different CPU, same issue. I have two of these boards and the RAM and CPU work fine on the other MB.

I followed the Manuals procedure for resetting CMOS with the jumper. No change.

-----------------------
I then installed a graphics card, still no video.

At this point I can't think of anything else to try.

Bad MB?

TrufflesG

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
I don't think the specs matter in this case. it's just your average run of the mill Micro ATX board. Same as a billion others.
Yes. as mentioned in the OP, I have two of these boards, everything works on the other board if I simply swap the components from one board to the other.
That would mean the following are confirmed functioning properly.......

Display
Powersupply
RAM
CPU
All cables and connectors
All Peripherals

And since I successfully connected the OTHER board and it works fine, that "should" rule out incompetence on my part ;-)
Having worked in computer repair for along time, I'm fairly certain that it's a bad board...but then a wise man knows he never knows it all...so just wanting confirmation.
Thanks

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
I don't think the specs matter in this case.
They always do.

Try only one stick of RAM in each slot individually to test if one or more slots aren't working. If none seem to work, try a different stick of RAM if possible. Check the socket/CPU for bent pins. I can't really advise anything more than this without knowing the specs.