Question System doesn't restart properly

inf4mous.mta

Commendable
May 24, 2018
I got new parts yesterday, Ryzen 5 3600, Asrock b450m pro4 and 16gb of corsair vengeance 3200mhz
The thing is when try to restart through start menu nothing happened, screen turns off and black screen on monitor, but computer still running and all fans and rgb working and i have to press the reset button on the case (Shutdown and Sleep work great)
I guess it is a similar issue with this person Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart properly - Microsoft Community
The difference is he has intel processor and he said after disabling/uninstalling Intel Management Engine problem solved
but in this case i have AMD processor

Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 Build 19042.685 (Also same issue with 1909 before updating)

inf4mous.mta

Commendable
May 24, 2018
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Double check all connections and card seatings. Even for things you did not replace or otherwise change.

You may have simply bumped something loose.
PSU is Corsair TX550M and it's brand new aswell, I will check cables and connections as long as i get back home.
Could it be a hardware and not software issue?

Ralston18

Titan
Could be either.

And a new component does not necessarily mean that it is fully functional or otherwise going to work correctly. (Will forego an "Op-ed" on that topic.....)

If you are able to successfully boot look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings.

Reliability History is much more user friendly so start there. The timeline presentation often will show when a problem started occurring.

Right-clicking any given error will provide more information. However, that "information" may or may not be helpful.

You also have the option to run Windows' built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

There is also "sfc / scannow" and "dism".

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Be sure, as you always should, that all important data is backed up and proven recoverable and readable.

inf4mous.mta

Commendable
May 24, 2018
Update...
The PC now does not Shutdown or Sleep, guess i have no choice but to reinstall fresh new windows 10
Btw, in boot menu, there are these two options, When i try to boot from AHCI it says something like there is no bootable devices found, i have AHCI enabled in BIOS and windows

nJdiVD2.jpeg

Last edited: