Question System doesn't work after replacing old CPU with a Ryzen 7 5800X ?

May 19, 2023
the screen doesnt show signal, all the rgb fans are turned on and spinning along with the gpu (it thermal throttles), no power to the USB ports, and it is unresponsive when i try to power it off using the button. i've heard to update the bios, but i am not sure how to, my motherboard is a "Gigabyte B450 Aorus M"

Put the old CPU in and follow the instructions below to update the BIOS...

To update your BIOS, download the attached BIOS file and extract it to a USB drive. Turn off your computer and then power it on again but immediately press the 'Delete' key repeatedly until your computer loads into the BIOS menu.

You have to update to BIOS Ver. F60...

May 19, 2023
Does anyone know what this means? it's the steps for downloading the f60 one, it doesn't make any sense to me.
image.png
image.png

May 19, 2023
Make sure you update in increments. Start at version F32, then update to version F40, then finally F60.
So wait, i update to version f32, then f40, then f60? I'm not sure if those bios versions are compatible with my ryzen 7 5800x, or my ryzen 5 2600.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Reactions: MEMOFLEX
May 19, 2023
okay, booted into bios and it said my version is f41, do i still need to update to f32, then f40, and then f60? or do i go directly to f60, it just doesnt make sense to me why you would have to go backwards? and it also said q-flash ability, my motherboard does not have a q-flash button on the back of the io shield, so i wouldnt understand why i would have to update it in order to use it

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
okay, booted into bios and it said my version is f41, do i still need to update to f32, then f40, and then f60? or do i go directly to f60, it just doesnt make sense to me why you would have to go backwards? and it also said q-flash ability, my motherboard does not have a q-flash button on the back of the io shield, so i wouldnt understand why i would have to update it in order to use it
Q-Flash is a Gigabyte utility, it's not a button.

This is literally the first time you told us your BIOS version. You obviously would not go back before your current BIOS version.

Reactions: drivinfast247
May 19, 2023
Q-Flash is a Gigabyte utility, it's not a button.

This is literally the first time you told us your BIOS version. You obviously would not go back before your current BIOS version.
so i just proceed to version f60, and i'm good? you said i would not go back before my current bios version.

May 19, 2023
Wow, thanks. It works good now, however it keeps fluctuating to a high core clock when idling, so im gonna try and ask another question on the forums, so once again thanks.