System Error on Reboot

Corvarea

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hey Guys,

This might be a be a small book so sorry but I want to make sure I tell you everything I can so that you might be able to help me before I just say F it and reformat it :).

System:
i7 4930K
16 GB Corsair Dominator
750GB Samsung Evo SSD
780 Ti Video Card
Asus Rampage Black Mobo
NZXT Kraken 280mm All-In-One Liquid Cooling Solution
Windows 8 Pro

So I built this system about 5 or 6 months ago after deciding I would build a new system that would last me for some years to come. At this point nothing is over clocked and is back at stock as I was getting some blue screens about 3 months into this rig. Figuring it was a driver issue of some sorts I started updating everything I could to fix the blue screen issue. I updated all the system updates, flashed new bios, but when I tried to update the video card it told me that it could not detect my 780ti. So i went to Nvidias website and tried their java video card search but it couldn't find it either... So I went ahead and manually installed it (which seemed to work) until I rebooted my pc. It came back with "please wait" which I did for around 20 minutes (then pulled out my laptop and did a google search only to find out that some times when you updated the driver the pc shows one driver and windows is trying to install the old driver and the pc will never get off the please wait screen). So ok I rebooted my pc took it back to a good config restarted and it came right back up with the old driver. So I googled how to get windows from trying to reinstall the old video driver and found some information about going in and disabling the automatic updates. So after that I ran driversweeper and ccleaner then rebooted.

Once rebooted it came back without a driver so I went ahead and installed the new Nvidia driver "this time it found the card" and installed without a problem. I rebooted to double check that it was in correctly and windows came up without an issue. So I placed some Battlefield 4 with a buddy of mine just to test everything out and everything seem to be working great! So thinking everything was good to go on the video card driver now I thought I would finish up all of my updates and see if there was any windows updates that I could update. They system found 4 updates so I downloaded them and rebooted. On the reboot I ran back into the "please wait" waited 30 min and had to take the system back to where it was before...

So now I am to the point I do not know what to do besides just reformate the whole system and start over. The only reason I really do not want to do this is 1 I work from home a few days a week and have my companies VPN set up on my pc (which is a paint to set up), secondly my wife is on the last stretch of her masters and I so she is on it most nights making it hard to reformate it as well. If anyone has any ideas of what I should check (hardware wise) or how to maybe fix this I would greatly appreciate it! If there is anything you need to know more of let me know and I will answer any questions.