system fan 2 and 3 not detected in bios on z97 pc mate MB?

JOJOBIGMAN38

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
We'll first off I have nzxt source 530 full tower case with ten fans. I have 6 fans connected to the fan hub in back of the case and the 4 are connected to motherboard. Now here's the situation my cpu liquid cooler on my cpu, those two sp fans are well one is plugged in systen fan 1 and the other in cpu fan header 2 because my mb has two of them and cpu pump is in cpu fan 1 and all three are detected in bios. Now my gpu liquid cooler which is a corsair h75 liquid cooler with a kraken g12, now the pump is plugged into my fan hub and the small 90m fan is plugged in system fan 3 and the fan on the radiator is plugged in system fan 2, but neither are detected in bios and yet they're both plugged in fan headers I don't get it? any suggestions

Solution
The 3rd pin of SYS_FAN2 and SYS_FAN3 has no use, despite it being in present on your MoBo. Without 3rd pin to relay RPM data to your MoBo, there's no way MoBo can show RPM values of connected fans. Hence why you can't see those two fans as being detected.

For more info, look at your MoBo manual, page 1-21.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The 3rd pin of SYS_FAN2 and SYS_FAN3 has no use, despite it being in present on your MoBo. Without 3rd pin to relay RPM data to your MoBo, there's no way MoBo can show RPM values of connected fans. Hence why you can't see those two fans as being detected.

For more info, look at your MoBo manual, page 1-21.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS