[SOLVED] System Fan Curve

sims8605

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I just had to flash my bios due to a failure. I'm currently running a Corsair H100i that's plugged into the Pump(with 2 fans), I have it setup through ICUE for temps and 4 case fans that's pwm into a splitter. I lost my fan curve for the system fans. when I flashed. What is a good fan curve. for them? CPU seems to be running around 48-53 idoll I changed it to what I thought I had it but the system(case) fans seem to be running high. Is there a preferred fan curve?

CPU Ryzen 3600
GPU 2070s
MB - B540 tomahawk max
Cooler - Corsair H100i w/2 fans setup for pull push
4 case fans

Solution
It changes on a case by case basis(literally case). Fan model, CPU, motherboard, case and more all are considered. Also what you want is a consideration. Just go with what you feel comfortable with. Just try to keep CPU temps below 80 degrees Celsius. Anything higher can start to affect longevity. Try to ger idle temps at less than 55 degrees, with the fans not spinning much more until it gets towards 65-75 degrees. At 80 degrees and higher, you can max out the fan speed. It really depends on what you want in terms of noise and performance though.

dchen2105

Proper
Aug 11, 2020
It changes on a case by case basis(literally case). Fan model, CPU, motherboard, case and more all are considered. Also what you want is a consideration. Just go with what you feel comfortable with. Just try to keep CPU temps below 80 degrees Celsius. Anything higher can start to affect longevity. Try to ger idle temps at less than 55 degrees, with the fans not spinning much more until it gets towards 65-75 degrees. At 80 degrees and higher, you can max out the fan speed. It really depends on what you want in terms of noise and performance though.

Solution

sims8605

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for the information.. I was actually being a dummy, and forgot I had my PWM splitter in SYS3 vs SYS 1 so I was setting the right curve just on the wrong port.

dchen2105

Proper
Aug 11, 2020
Thanks for the information.. I was actually being a dummy, and forgot I had my PWM splitter in SYS3 vs SYS 1 so I was setting the right curve just on the wrong port.
Haha, well good luck! I actually use default fan curve presets, I don't bother to tweak it to perfection. Yes, I'll get better performance and noise if I tweak it, but it's just a huge hassle, so I'll save it for later(I'm going to buy a new CPU fan anyways lol)