Question system fan spinning slower

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Hi ,
I think my fan system fan should spin faster than my cpu fan or at least the same ... but on idle my cpu fan is having more rpm for some reason , the fans have the same settings on bios but my system fan have more rpm that my cpu fan , both fans are set to rotate according to cpu temperature .

My motherboard is a gigabyte b450 gaming x and the cpu cooler is a vetroo v5 , and all my case fans are the artic p12 , the artic p12 that is connected to the motherboard is the pwm version , all the others are without the pwm because are connected to the case controllers .

I will let some examples and the photos of the bios config , the bios is in half portuguese because it should be translated to portuguese , but is only half of the bios translated for some reason , but I think is understandable since in english the position of the configs are the same :p

https://postimg.cc/gallery/bjnj03y

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

...are connected to the case controllers
What is the make and model of your case?

In essence I'm asking how many of the headers on the motherboard are populated with the fans...? Are you using any splitters? As for the cooler, are you using the fan that came bundled with the cooler or was that replaced with an Arctic P12 fan? If the CPU cooler's fan is Artic, is it the PWM version?

See if you're getting the same results on HWMonitor.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

...are connected to the case controllers
What is the make and model of your case?

In essence I'm asking how many of the headers on the motherboard are populated with the fans...? Are you using any splitters? As for the cooler, are you using the fan that came bundled with the cooler or was that replaced with an Arctic P12 fan? If the CPU cooler's fan is Artic, is it the PWM version?

See if you're getting the same results on HWMonitor.
the last bios version .
3 case fans are connected to the fan case controller ( 1 rear and 2 front ) the 2 front fans are conected to the case controller with a splitter in order to both be at the same speed , the top one is connected on system fan 2 header on the motherboard , so just one header is populated on the motherboard .
The cpu cooler is with the stock fan . My case is a NOX coolbay SX blue.
My ideia was to have the maximum speed on the 3 fans connected to the case controller and have the same or almost the same speed on the top fan and cpu fan .

HW monitor reads almost the same as hwinfo , seems to be updating values more slowly ... anyway the system fan 2 keeps being slower on idle .

Last edited: