[SOLVED] System file always gets corrupted..!!

Justin9000

Honorable
May 9, 2016
Hey guys,

So I have been using my computer running on windows 10 home for a couple of years now, and for the past couple of months I started getting a lot of BSOD. Some of them saying "MEMORY MANAGEMENT", "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED", "STORE EXCEPTION" and sometimes "REGISTRY ERROR".
Now when I turn on my computer it says that 'windows needs to be repaired' but I tried doing that with the installation disc, then it says 'windows can't be repaired'. Also i get an error code 0x000000e.

Since I didn't want to format the HDD cause my files were in there, I installed the OS on a different HDD. It worked well for a couple of months then the same symptoms appear and then finally back to the same error code. I did the same thing on another HDD and so on... Now i'm running out of HDD tbh. It seems that the system files are corrupted but I don't understand why it happens each time.

I've checked the internet and they said to update all drivers, check for viruses etc... they also said it might be the cause of a hardware failing. I tried installing the RAM one by one to see if that's the cause but I don't see anything wrong and as you might have noticed, I have changed the HDD a couple of times. The GPU seems to be working fine.

Can anyone please help me out?
Thank you

PC Specs:

Processor : i3 4150 3.5Ghz (4th gen) - 5yrs
Motherboard : Gigabyte H97 - 5yrs
RAM : 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz , 1 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (So total 12GB RAM) - 5yrs
GPU : Nvidia GT 610 2GB DDR3 - 5yrs
HDD : 320 GB 7200rpm - 12yrs
320 GB 7200rpm - 7yrs
120 GB 5200rpm - 15yrs

P.S. So as you can see I have installed the OS on three different HDD, but still the same problem. Also i have listed how long i have had these items just in case if anyone wants to know. And could anyone tell me which part might be failing?

Solution
If you used a car for 15 years without issue, have you changed the oil, breaking pads, the joints on the wheels or even battery?
Electronics will fail due age or microscopic cracks and solder joints breaking, heating up and cooling down is main cause of that.
Also HDD temperatures is recommended under 50C-60C.
Same goes for plastic on sun.

Firstly get 1TB drive to store important data, which can be bough cheaply new (Like toshiba, WD, HGST aka Hitachi, seagate).
SSD which is good is from Samsung.

Download HDTunePro (free trial) and do the error scan AFTER you backup your data.
If it shows red aka Damaged you have bad blocks that is first indicate of HDD going bad.

Your HDD has platter, the actual size isnt 320GB...

Justin9000

Honorable
May 9, 2016
Backup data somwhere... Thats a lot of years for hdd 12,15 and 7.
My wd has 32000 hours of work.
You can check your hdd via hdtune pro by scanning bad block and checking health tab (aka SMART).

So your saying that the main cause for getting these BSOD is just because of these old HDD and not because of other hardware that might be failing?
I have another HDD WD 320GB, i use it mainly for storage. Its been about 15 years too and there hasn't been a problem since.

If you used a car for 15 years without issue, have you changed the oil, breaking pads, the joints on the wheels or even battery?
Electronics will fail due age or microscopic cracks and solder joints breaking, heating up and cooling down is main cause of that.

Firstly get 1TB drive to store important data, which can be bough cheaply new (Like toshiba, WD, HGST aka Hitachi, seagate).

Download HDTunePro (free trial) and do the error scan AFTER you backup your data.
If it shows red aka Damaged you have bad blocks that is first indicate of HDD going bad.

Your HDD has platter, the actual size isnt 320GB, 500GB its a bit more, cause as the head of the HDD move across and does the read/write data, sometimes the bad block happens, it gets replaced from "Reserved" ones, they can be fixed by filling zero aka zeroing, but sometimes it cannot due being damaged.
Like todays SSD, they have their own read and write cycles.

Im just quite suprised even for my HDD that it still works fine, I've done the regular error scan and it does not show up anything.
By calculating mine has done 24/7 in 4 years. But I have it for a 10 years. Currently using it for recording stuff onto it and m.2 drive as main system one.
Untitled.jpg

Solution

Justin9000

Honorable
May 9, 2016

Your HDD has platter, the actual size isnt 320GB, 500GB its a bit more, cause as the head of the HDD move across and does the read/write data, sometimes the bad block happens, it gets replaced from "Reserved" ones, they can be fixed by filling zero aka zeroing, but sometimes it cannot due being damaged.
Like todays SSD, they have their own read and write cycles.

Im just quite suprised even for my HDD that it still works fine, I've done the regular error scan and it does not show up anything.
By calculating mine has done 24/7 in 4 years. But I have it for a 10 years. Currently using it for recording stuff onto it and m.2 drive as main system one.
Untitled.jpg

Thanks, but for me to start backing up my data I need to boot into my PC first and I need a good SSD so...
Kingston, HP, Samsung, WD or Sandisk
Which is better? Could you please rank these?

I'm going for a 240GB cause its just the OS and a few softwares