Feb 19, 2019
Hello,

So my pc keeps freezing it started the last couple of weeks where my screen just suddenly freezes. I was playing League of legends or world of tank and the sound stops and the screen just freezes and it stay freezes untill i turn off my pc ofcourse.

So i have checked my cpu temp which is not the problem.

So i checked the systemfailures log from windows itself but it doesnt register it as a failure but just turning off the pc. Asside fromd the livekernelevent 141

And a windows memory managment error

So i tried downloading new drivers for my gpu but they said unable to install cause not compatiable hardware which is weird cause it was the correct one.

Erased all my files from the drivers from my pc still couldnt install it.

So now i have no drivers for my gpu except the ones that automatically gets installed

And still the annoying freezes which makes online gaming impossible because it happens like 2x an hour

Please help a poor young man

Solution
Does it ever happens to freeze when not playing games?

Sorry to say, but with the information in hand, I can nothing but suggest a list of possible failures:
  • Windows update (or driver) that doesn't work properly. May resolve by roll back driver (haven't tested that myself so can't say if it will have any effect)
  • PSU. If it turns bad (capacitors inside goes dry) then the output voltage won't stay as stable compare to a healty one. Still - you won't be able to measure that by a multimeter nor bios menu . . some meny pages . . voltage readings.
  • Motherbard. Also prone to bad/dry capacitors. Your motherboard have a kind of surface mounted metal-case capacitors that may not have any visible sign of damages.
  • Physical damage to...
Feb 19, 2019
How old is your rig and did you built it yourself. What's the specs? Did anything happends prior to the problems? Have you checked your windows installation for malware?

Year is 3 year give or take old.

I built it myself

As far as i remember i got
Strix gtx970 DCO2 4GB5 gpu
I5 6400 cpu
B-150M pro gaming asus motherboard
Regular WD 1TB hdd

No ntohing happend prior to the problems first it almost never happend and lately it just got out of hand and i deemed it un-game-able

Aorry for the late reaction its really late here and going to sleep im a bit sick

Does it ever happens to freeze when not playing games?

Sorry to say, but with the information in hand, I can nothing but suggest a list of possible failures:
  • Windows update (or driver) that doesn't work properly. May resolve by roll back driver (haven't tested that myself so can't say if it will have any effect)
  • PSU. If it turns bad (capacitors inside goes dry) then the output voltage won't stay as stable compare to a healty one. Still - you won't be able to measure that by a multimeter nor bios menu . . some meny pages . . voltage readings.
  • Motherbard. Also prone to bad/dry capacitors. Your motherboard have a kind of surface mounted metal-case capacitors that may not have any visible sign of damages.
  • Physical damage to GPU. Normally not possible to spot any failure.

Considering all crashes happens during gaming, it's most likely fault to one component that get stressed by that use, which is GPU, motherboard and PSU.

Do you have spare PSU and GPU laying around? Because those are the easiest components to swap in order to find the defective component.

If not, I suggest you run Memtest overnight to see if it pass. Be aware that bad PSU in some few cases may cause ram to become unstable and is reported as bad ram by Memtest.

Solution