Status
Not open for further replies.

elgranpagan

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I built a system for a client in October 2019, using all the following:
  1. ASRock X570 PRO4 AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
  2. AMD RYZEN 7 3700X CPU
  3. ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 RX570 4G 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
  4. CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
  5. SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7E1T0BW
  6. Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 3200 MT/S (PC4-25600) CL22 SR X8 Unbuffered DIMM 288-Pin Memory - CT2K8G4DFS832A
  7. Fenvi 2.4Gbps Dual Band WiFi Card AX200NGW Desktop Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Adapter
  8. Cooler Master HAF tower.
PC using Windows 10 pro. Malwarebytes, MS office, turbotax.

Randomly, during its use, PC freezes, and cannot be undone without a power button cold boot. Even reset button won't work when this PC freezes. Reset will work otherwise.

I did initially have issues loading the RX570 drivers, and reinstalled. Seems fine. Not finding other errors. I am not sure if this is a graphics card issue or not either.

Would appreciate help in troubleshooting to pin down cause.

Help

Solution
HIbernation is one step worse than sleep. If you get to sit at the PC, open a command form as Administrator and at the prompt, type
powercfg Hibernation off
then hit the enter key.

Restart.

If it's in that deep sleep, the reset button would be useless.

elgranpagan

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I asked my client to change her sleep settings to "never". She advised settings are set to never. I am hoping to see her later today.

I have also noticed that there is a lot of buzz on the web about the radeon software and how some gamers are having similar problems and are using older versions of the software. Don't know if that helps

I am seriously considering simply returning this graphics card, and getting something else.

HIbernation is one step worse than sleep. If you get to sit at the PC, open a command form as Administrator and at the prompt, type
powercfg Hibernation off
then hit the enter key.

Restart.

If it's in that deep sleep, the reset button would be useless.

Solution

popatim

Titan
Mine wakes up by tapping the power button.

I'm thinking this may be a ram issue. Is your client knowledgeable enough to boot up a Memtest86 disk and run an extensive memory test. I normally run the test overnight, 8+ hrs, but you can exit sooner if any errors appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.