Question System freezes completely and I can’t even shut the computer down.

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
Here’s my computer specs https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FQDZhy

As said in the title I experienced a problem with my computer in which it froze completely last night when I wasn’t home. This problem is very similar to the another one before but with the exception that I can’t even force my computer to shutdown when this happened. I ended up having to unplug the outlet surge protector from the wall outlet to remove all the power from my computer, forcing my computer to shutdown.

I think that my problems may lie with the SSD I have built into my computer.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
This sooner sounds like a PSU problem if it is hardware, a faulty SSD can cause freezes, but I wouldn't expect it to cause the shut down problem you describe.

So this isn't the first time it has happened? How often does it happen?
Have you monitored components temperatures?
Does it happen only when under load for example?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
Yes, I have checked the temperatures during the first several days when the PC was first put together. The parts weren’t overheating or rather they couldn’t be overheating because it happened when I wasn’t even near it. The problem seems to occur when the PC is left untouched for too long. At the beginning the PC would freeze but the mouse could still move but I have never encountered this problem before until it happened.

There was some recent news about some Ryzen owners getting hosed after a Windows update, being forced to reinstall motherboard chipset/RAID drivers...

Maybe the SSD is freezing due to botched driver/OS issues, compliments of MS...(if that's true,perhaps it'll run Hiren's Win10PE or any of the Linux Live distros from USB with no issue)