[SOLVED] System freezes during windows installation

Pawlisko7

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hi everyone.

I bought several new hardware and can't install windows or start the existing windows. Here is what I bought:
MOBO: AsRock Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: Intel i7-9700K
RAM: DDR4 HyperX 2x8GB 3200
Graphics: RTX 2060 MSI Ventus 6G OC
PSU: Silentum Gold 750W

Rest of the old components are 2xSSD, 1xHDD and 2xDVD/Blueray drives from my old PC.

PC stars up and I can work without any problems inside BIOS but when I try to install windows or start exsisting system it hangs. Sometimes it happens on the loading screen but sometimes I got a little further - to the partition selection screen(in installation). Only thing I could start was the safe mode in win7 but my keyboard and mouse didn't work so I couldn't check anything.

I tried several things including switching several BIOS settings and running on intergated graphic card but it didn't change anything. I really don't have any ideas left.

Do you think it could be a faulty hardware? What other could I try? I'm really out of ideas and will appreciate any help.

If there is something important about my PC which I forgot to add in this thread please let me know.

Pawlisko7

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
I have tried to run the installer from pendrive and I got a little further - I could choose the drive to which I want install windows. I got such error message(not exact quote):

Can't install windows on this drive. Chosen drive contains MBR partition table. In systems with EFI interface Windows can only be installed on GPT drives.

Eventually the setup froze again but I wonder if that is not the reason of the issue. What does it even mean. I installed this particular version of windows on old hardware and I didn't have such error.