Question System freezes indefinitely out of nowhere

Dec 5, 2023
Hello,

I have built a new PC with the following configuration:
PSU: GameMax 800W Rampage Power Supply
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ventus
CPU: Intel® CoreTM i5-13400 Desktop Processor 10 cores (6 P-cores + 4 E-cores) 20MB Cache
Motherboard: MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI
DDR: Crucial 16GB DDR5 5600Mhz
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1TB M.2 + Samsung M.2 980 500GB (this one is 2 years old-ish)

Scenario:

I am playing World of Warcraft or Baldur's Gate 3 while watching youtube at the same time (this happens mostly with World of Warcraft), at some random point everything freezes and there's no BSOD not even after 5 hours and I am forced to restart manually.

There's no minidump file, nothing that stands out in the Event App (apart from a critical due to the fact I am manually restarting)., and I've had HWMonitor on + Task Manager to see if anything spikes (my thoughts were that my M.2s are somehow causing some conflic?!) but nothing spike before the freeze.

I've updated all my drivers from the MSI's website and I'm so puzzled about this.

I would appreciate if someone could point me out in the right direction or maybe you can tell me about some monitoring tools I can use.

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: GameMax 800W Rampage Power Supply
You might want to try ad power your system with a PSU that's reliably built. That unit is something I won't call a PSU no matter what it's called or what it looks like.

Dec 5, 2023
Thank you both for answering!

@Lutfij I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to PSUs so I'd be very happy if you could recommend one - also if you have a bit of time I wouldn't mind if you'd elaborate why that's a bad PSU just so I learn something new :D

@Nine Layer Nige I will try that! Thanks!

Thank you both for answering!

@Lutfij I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to PSUs so I'd be very happy if you could recommend one - also if you have a bit of time I wouldn't mind if you'd elaborate why that's a bad PSU just so I learn something new :D

@Nine Layer Nige I will try that! Thanks!
This would be a reliable PSU for years and would allow upgrades to the system in the future.