Question System freezes up after BIOS screen ?

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
I've been having problems with my pc freezing right after bios when the Windows logo pops up then the screen goes black. nothing is responsive including the reset button and the power button do nothing when it happens. only want to restart the pc is by the power supply switch. could this be a problem with the MOBO BIOS or a faulty MOBO?

PC specs:
Processor - AMD Ryzen9 5900x
Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX
Graphics Card - AMD PowerColor RX 6950XT Red Devil
RAM - 32GB Vengeance RGB pro
Power Supply - 1000watt EVGA SuperNOVA G5
Motherboard - ASRock X370 Taichi

I haven't changed anything in my system for a while and this issue recently started. My guess is maybe something wrong with the MOBO since its the oldest component in my build.
Normally after 1 reboot it will boot normal and i don't have any issues in Windows, sometimes though it takes 2 or 3 reboots for it to boot up normal.
Any ideas on what could be causing this to happen?

Feb 24, 2023
I've been having problems with my pc freezing right after bios when the Windows logo pops up then the screen goes black. nothing is responsive including the reset button and the power button do nothing when it happens. only want to restart the pc is by the power supply switch. could this be a problem with the MOBO BIOS or a faulty MOBO?

PC specs:
Processor - AMD Ryzen9 5900x
Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX
Graphics Card - AMD PowerColor RX 6950XT Red Devil
RAM - 32GB Vengeance RGB pro
Power Supply - 1000watt EVGA SuperNOVA G5
Motherboard - ASRock X370 Taichi

I haven't changed anything in my system for a while and this issue recently started. My guess is maybe something wrong with the MOBO since its the oldest component in my build.
Normally after 1 reboot it will boot normal and i don't have any issues in Windows, sometimes though it takes 2 or 3 reboots for it to boot up normal.
Any ideas on what could be causing this to happen?
Hey, i have exacly same issue with my pc like month or so. I tried set bios defualt settings on, upgrade drivers, i have lastest bios also installed.

Here my specs of PC:
Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Cooler - NZXT Kraken X62 280
GPU - AMD MSI RX 580 Gaming X
RAM - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z CL14 3200mhz
Power Supply - Corsair RM750x
Morherboard - Asrock X370 Taichi (Bios P7.10)
Windows 11 64bit

Well somereason i think it can be the motherboard but dont really know either, also i have installed all lastest windows updates and have also lastest AMD chipset drivers and gpu drivers installed. So almost everyday when i power on my pc it get stuck after bios screen when loading to windows, it just lost signal and wont shutdown from the power button or no any responds, i have to force shutdown it like 2 time from power supply and after that it normally boot in windows. Its really weird issue that came from nowhere. Sorry of my bad English.

Reactions: DefectedSOul

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
Hey, i have exacly same issue with my pc like month or so. I tried set bios defualt settings on, upgrade drivers, i have lastest bios also installed.

Here my specs of PC:
Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Cooler - NZXT Kraken X62 280
GPU - AMD MSI RX 580 Gaming X
RAM - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z CL14 3200mhz
Power Supply - Corsair RM750x
Morherboard - Asrock X370 Taichi (Bios P7.10)
Windows 11 64bit

Well somereason i think it can be the motherboard but dont really know either, also i have installed all lastest windows updates and have also lastest AMD chipset drivers and gpu drivers installed. So almost everyday when i power on my pc it get stuck after bios screen when loading to windows, it just lost signal and wont shutdown from the power button or no any responds, i have to force shutdown it like 2 time from power supply and after that it normally boot in windows. Its really weird issue that came from nowhere. Sorry of my bad English.
i have BIOs version P7.10 on my asrock x370 taichi and mine started doing it about a month or so ago as well and still have no idea what could be causing this issue. maybe its some bug with the bios but strange for it to randomly just start happening and it seems like its happening more and more often