[SOLVED] System freezes up while gaming (somtimes)

Apr 9, 2020
Hey everyone,

so I've had a little issue with my system for some time now. Let's start with the specs:

Desktop PC Specs (I'll include what I know, if you need more, let me know and please excuse my noob-ness)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 6x 3.60 GHz
Cooler: AMD Standard Cooler
Mainboard: ASUS Prime B450M-K, S. AM4 v2
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2060
Ram: 16GB G.Skill DDR4-2400
SSD: Patriot Burst 240GB
HDD: 1TB Toshiba SATA III
Power Supply: 500 Watt be quiet! System Power 9 80+
Fans: 3 x Sharkoon SHARK Blades RGB
Keyboard: Razer Ornata
Mouse Logitech G502

The whole thing runs on Win10 x64.

The PC was bought like this, pre-assembled. Nothing was build by me.

The issue:

When gaming sometimes the PC will either:
  • randomly freeze completely (sound continues without issue)
  • the game will run, but every other program will freeze, which causes crashes (for example you can play, but you can't listen to Youtube on a different screen, since youtube won't load etc.)
  • the PC crashes when you CLOSE the game
  • BSOD with the error message "Memory_Management" happened as well.

The games this has happened with:
  • Overwatch
  • Mortal Shell
  • Final Fantasy XIV had mini freezes too, but the game never crashed or caused the PC to crash (the other two did)

There are games, and programs where this issue does not occur as well, but at this point I can't rule out that it might at some point.

What I tried as solutions:
  • Ran memtest with memtest86
  • Checked if overheating occured, but temps stay stable
  • deinstalled and reinstalled GPU drivers with DDU (also rolled back to previous drivers, didn't work though)
  • ran sfc/scannow
  • ran checkdisk
  • ran virus and malware checks
  • sent the PC to the manufacturer for repairs, since it has warranty, they said they ran all tests they have and never found an issue, so they think it's either software or external hardware (they changed the GPU 3 times already to make sure though)

So far, nothing has shown up, nothing has fixed this at all. Any ideas what else I could try?