[SOLVED] System Freezes when playing games.

vladicorp

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Hello, I have the following problem.
This is happening only when playing games. Any kind of games. In normal work mode it does not happen. But when I play games at random times the computer freezes, and the sound also freezes in to a quickly repeating noise something like (tac-tac-tac) very quickly.
The only option to leave this situation is to power down the computer and then turn it again.
The computer specifications are:

CPI Intel Core i7-97000k
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Carbon Pro
Power Supply: Corsair HX650
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
Video Card: MSI Gaming X GeForce GTX 1070

Can you please let me know any kind of software or other suggestion to debut this issue ?

Solution
that sounds to me like a damaged ram. it has happened to me twice now. strangely both times with the same ram you are using now. you need to try to find which stick is damaged (if it is ram causing the problem that is) to do this take one stick out and leave one in. play super intensive games on this for long sessions and see if you crash at all (i am aware the fps will be bad but you will have to deal with it) if there is no crashing. take that stick out and put the other one back in and repeat. if any of them crash then you know that is your issue

if you find one of the sticks is damaged you should be able to get an RMA on it and get a replacement

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
that sounds to me like a damaged ram. it has happened to me twice now. strangely both times with the same ram you are using now. you need to try to find which stick is damaged (if it is ram causing the problem that is) to do this take one stick out and leave one in. play super intensive games on this for long sessions and see if you crash at all (i am aware the fps will be bad but you will have to deal with it) if there is no crashing. take that stick out and put the other one back in and repeat. if any of them crash then you know that is your issue

if you find one of the sticks is damaged you should be able to get an RMA on it and get a replacement

Solution

vladicorp

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Hi,

I have made the test and the issue is happening with both Ram Modules. On both DIMS on the motherboard.

Placing them only one module at the time of 8GB it happens also.

Last edited: