System freezing problem

lageri

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
New assembly and every time windows 10 starts the usb-ports freeze after 10-20 sec. (incl. keyb/mouse). I recently tested the memory modules with memtest86. No errors.
I can get to bios setup with no broblems and those settings seems to be OK.
The assembly: Corsair TX550M power unit, MSI990FXA-GD80 motherboard, AMD FX-8350 CPU, AMD Radeon R9-270 2Gb graphic card, 16 Gb (4x4) DDR3 RAM, 240 Gb SSD + 500 Gb HD.

Solution
Looked here for the bios?
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/990FXA-GD80#down-bios
clicking the latest does give a zip file which you need to unzip and the contents you put on a usb stick.
Don't think,but cannot be 10% sure,that a frsh install of windows will give usb issues when these seem to come from the current install.
You could use a linux dvd to move files from the current install if you need to_Or place the hdd/ssd in another system for the time it takes to do that.

lageri

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
Windows is installed with previous assembly.
I allready tried to reinstall windows, but I cannot due to the freezing problem.
No I have not tried all the usb ports.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Tried different keyboard/mouse?
Going around in the bios gives absolutely no problems? Was thinking of asking whether you have the latest bios,but if the ports give issues in the bios as well would updating not be rwise since the usb stick method is the only recommended way by MSI.

lageri

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017

lageri

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
The same with another keyboard. No problems with usb-ports when going around in bios, only after windows start. I tried to download the final bios version in MSI website, but it only gives an .exe file, with whichs i can not do anything in bios. Reinstalling windows is out of question beause my only win10 installation media is an usb-stick.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looked here for the bios?
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/990FXA-GD80#down-bios
clicking the latest does give a zip file which you need to unzip and the contents you put on a usb stick.
Don't think,but cannot be 10% sure,that a frsh install of windows will give usb issues when these seem to come from the current install.
You could use a linux dvd to move files from the current install if you need to_Or place the hdd/ssd in another system for the time it takes to do that.

Solution